We have a Linux box (Ubuntu 14.04) that was previously running Icinga2 client correctly for several months. We then did updates on that server, and Icinga would not start anymore. Did some basic troubleshooting, but then feel it got messed up more than originally, so now are trying to remove and re-install Icinga. However, now there is an issue trying to install on the server.
- sudo apt-get remove icinga2
- sudo apt-get autoremove
- Manually delete any remaining "icinga2" and "nagios" folders under \etc , \var\lib, and even \var\logs\icinga2
Then, when trying to
it will start to install, but eventually throw error
- Setting up libboost-system1.54.0:amd64 (1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1) ...
- Setting up libboost-thread1.54.0:amd64 (1.54.0-4ubuntu3.1) ...
- Setting up libyajl2:amd64 (2.0.4-4) ...
- Setting up icinga2-common (2.8.0-1.trusty) ...
- * checking Icinga2 configuration
- * checking Icinga2 configuration. Check '/var/log/icinga2/startup.log' for details.
- invoke-rc.d: initscript icinga2, action "start" failed.
- dpkg: error processing package icinga2-common (--configure):
- subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
then followed by several more notes of things not installing correctly (presumably due to the first error above)
When checking the log as mentioned:
- information/cli: Icinga application loader (version: r2.8.0-1)
- information/cli: Loading configuration file(s).
- critical/cli: Could not compile config files: Error: Function call 'std::ifstream::open' for file '/etc/icinga2/icinga2.conf' failed with error code 2, 'No such file or directory'
- (0) Compiling configuration file '/etc/icinga2/icinga2.conf'
It makes sense that the file isn't there, because it should be creating it during install, correct? Any thoughts of where to go next on troubleshooting?
Thanks in advance-