Hosts missing after upgrading to 2.8.0 [Help]

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hi

My hosts are missing in icinga after upgrading to 2.8.0 ,Then i came to know that this is due to the bottom up mode was removed in v2.8.0. since most of the servers are monitored using ssh (agentless setup ) can i use bottom up method for monitoring via ssh agent? Or there is any option to downgrade ?

• I think Your problem is, that the repository.d folder is not used any more, so you should change your configuration to Top-Down or just local configfiles. Never used Buttom up in productive environment, but maybe you can reuse some of the configfiles in your repository.d folder or even just move them to another folder like /etc/icinga2/conf.d/ (if you use this folder) to get Your hosts back.

• I think Your problem is, that the repository.d folder is not used any more, so you should change your configuration to Top-Down or just local configfiles. Never used Buttom up in productive environment, but maybe you can reuse some of the configfiles in your repository.d folder or even just move them to another folder like /etc/icinga2/conf.d/ (if you use this folder) to get Your hosts back.

we only have very limited number of ports on our servers that's why we are using ssh agent for monitoring , also servers are not connected to internet

anyway all ssh hosts came up after moving the repository folder to conf.d , Thank you so much , You saved me :)

but hosts added with node wizards are not showing up (i will migrate these later , since they are internal servers)

• Move everything from repository.d to a directory of your choice, include it in icinga2.conf and continue with configuration refactoring.