Upgrade to 2.8 information/JsonRpcConnection: No messages for identity from client

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hi,

I followed the documentation for the migration between 2.7 to 2.8 but I don't know why I don't have response from master... No messages for identity

[2017-11-28 15:39:18 +0100] information/ApiListener: Sending replay log for endpoint 'xxxxxxxxx' in zone 'master'.

[2017-11-28 15:39:18 +0100] information/ApiListener: Finished sending replay log for endpoint 'xxxxxxxxx' in zone 'master'.

[2017-11-28 15:39:18 +0100] information/ApiListener: Finished syncing endpoint 'xxxxxxxxx' in zone 'master'.

[2017-11-28 15:39:48 +0100] information/WorkQueue: #5 (ApiListener, SyncQueue) items: 0, rate: 0.0166667/s (1/min 3/5min 6/15min);

[2017-11-28 15:39:48 +0100] information/WorkQueue: #4 (ApiListener, RelayQueue) items: 0, rate: 0/s (0/min 0/5min 0/15min);

[2017-11-28 15:39:48 +0100] information/WorkQueue: #9 (JsonRpcConnection, #1) items: 0, rate: 0/s (0/min 0/5min 0/15min);

[2017-11-28 15:39:48 +0100] information/WorkQueue: #8 (JsonRpcConnection, #0) items: 0, rate: 0/s (0/min 0/5min 0/15min);

[2017-11-28 15:40:18 +0100] information/JsonRpcConnection: No messages for identity 'xxxxxxxxx' have been received in the last 60 seconds.

[2017-11-28 15:40:18 +0100] warning/JsonRpcConnection: API client disconnected for identity 'xxxxxxxxx'

• Hi,

the Log is from your satellite or your master? Did you used the bottom up mode beforehand?

Please share your zone.conf from your master & satellite/client, as well as the versions that are included (# icinga2 --version) .

The network communication works, for example a ping from your master to your satellite and vice versa?

• The log is from satellite client. Yes I followed this doc https://www.icinga.com/docs/ic…ved-bottom-up-client-mode

master zone.conf

Client zone.conf

Icinga2 version: r2.8.0-1

Communication work between master and client I don't have problem before upgrade to 2.8 but I wasn't using the api.

• The zone.conf on your master should contain the satellite/client. I recommend to read the Distributed Monitoring chapterin the documentation.

I don't have a satellite only master end clients...

Now I added endoint and zone on the master zone.conf

But I have this error from the client now

Code
    1. [2017-11-29 13:20:23 +0100] information/JsonRpcConnection: Certificate request for CN 'xxxxxxxx' is pending. Waiting for approval.
    2. [2017-11-29 13:20:23 +0100] warning/TlsStream: TLS stream was disconnected.
    3. [2017-11-29 13:20:23 +0100] warning/JsonRpcConnection: API client disconnected for identity 'xxxxxxxx'
    4. [2017-11-29 13:20:23 +0100] warning/ApiListener: Removing API client for endpoint 'xxxxxxxx'. 0 API clients left.

:(

• Ok now I reconfigured with node wizard my master and client.

But now with when I disable folder conf.d I have icingaweb2 totaly empty

How I can add my service from repository.d in globale-templates folder in zone.d ?

• Thanks you

I recovered my services but on icingaweb2 the status stay in Pending... I don't know why

• The Icinga related communication between your master and client works? The certificate issue from your post above is resolved?

Please verfiy if your client accepts commands and/or configuration. Check /etc/icinga2/features-enabled/api.conf for accept_commands and accept_config. Pointer to the related documentation for those attributes: https://www.icinga.com/docs/ic…object-types/#apilistener

• Yes I resolved the communication between the master and client. I reconfigured master node and client with node wizard and configure my endpoint en zone in zone.conf now the communication work.

I create simple check disk service on master to my client I can see this service on icingaweb2 with good free space, total storage.... but the status stay in Pending.

Yes, my client accept commands and config

• If I understood you correctly your check_disk service have check results, but it is still pending? I guess that the check results are old and coming from your bottom up mode setup.

Please show us the configuration of that service (# icinga2 object list --type Service --name "<Your Service Name here>").

• Yes

• After you configured the client, did you restart the icinga2 daemon?

The service looks good to me. Did you tried to force a check via "Check now"?

Please show us the current zone.conf from your master and client, also run the following command on both systems # icinga2 daemon --validate and post the output here. Please also search the Log on the client for entries that indicates that the config from master will be ignored.

Just to be sure, the hostname that you configured is identical with the hostname that you set on the master for the client?

• Yes icinga2 daemon restarted and I tryed to force check now too.

zone.conf from master

zone.conf from client

icinga2 daemon --validate

Yes the hostname is identical

If I check the log with tail -f /var/log/icinga2/icinga2.log from the client and force check now nothing happens in the log file...

• The parent zone for the client in the zones.conf on your master is missing.

Code
    1. object Zone "xxxxxxxxxxxx.com" {
    2. parent = ZoneName
    3. endpoints = [ "xxxxxxxxxxxx.com" ]
    4. }

Adjust your zones.conf, reload the icinga daemon on your master and now the check should leave the pending state. :)

• The parent zone for the client in the zones.conf on your master is missing.

Code
    1. object Zone "xxxxxxxxxxxx.com" {
    2. parent = ZoneName
    3. endpoints = [ "xxxxxxxxxxxx.com" ]
    4. }

Adjust your zones.conf, reload the icinga daemon on your master and now the check should leave the pending state. :)

it's work thanks you ;)

Now I just have to do the other clients.

The post was edited 2 times, last by xseth ().