Should I enable accept_config?

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hey the community!

TL;DR: Should I enable accept_config and accept_command parameters on all servers? Even on the Director server?

I'm reading you since a long time as an anonymous user but today I would share with you a problem about api and director.

Here is my configuration:

- 1 master with Director (Enabled features: api command ido-mysql livestatus mainlog notification)

- 1 master (Enabled features: api command ido-mysql livestatus mainlog notification)

- 1 satellite (Enabled features: api checker mainlog)

- 1 satellite (Enabled features: api checker mainlog)

All "API" feature are configured with "accept_config = true" and "accept_command = true" except on the master with Director module.

I'm getting this warning message from the master server with Director:

[2017-11-27 18:23:03 +0100] warning/ApiListener: Ignoring config update. 'api' does not accept config.

My question: Should I enable the accept_config and accept_command parameter on the master server where Director is installed?

If more details are needed, let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• you should enable it.

Cluster nodes must accept configuration for creating, modifying and deleting objects. Ensure that accept_config is set to true in the ApiListener object on each node.

This is a quote from tha API documentation. accept_config is needed for the cluster to sync configs.

So without this, you could run into problems with replication between the masters.

Linux is dead, long live Linux

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them