Icinga2 check_ifftraffic64.pl no output

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • hey com,

I am relatively new to Linux and monitoring.

I am currently trying to use iftraffic to query some things but unfortunately I don't get any output.

Even if I query it via console, I don't get a reaction.

./check_iftraffic64.pl -H <MIMIMIMI> -C <MIMIMIMI> -i "FC port 0/2"

or

./check_iftraffic64.pl -H <MIMIMIMI> -C <MIMIMIMI> -i FC port 0/2

here is a pic

https://imgur.com/a/6fAQH

i am using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

• Hi,

Try changing "$TRAFFIC_FILE = "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/traffic/" in the script to some folder that exists and the script has write permissions to.

btw. "apt-get libcrypt-des-perl libcrypt-rijndael-perl" gives snmpv3 support

• I'd try something like ./check_iftraffic64.pl -H <MIMIMIMI> -C <MIMIMIMI> -L (probably including -d) to see if the query returns anything useful.

not working :/

Hi,

Try changing "$TRAFFIC_FILE = "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/traffic/" in the script to some folder that exists and the script has write permissions to.

btw. "apt-get libcrypt-des-perl libcrypt-rijndael-perl" gives snmpv3 support

I changed the path to "/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/iftraffic/" and it has enough permissions.. still not working :/ and "apt-get libcrypt-des-perl libcrypt-rijndael-perl" already installed

its weird, not even the console/bash giving me an output :S

i also tried to use check_iftraffic3 and check_iftraffic and it have the same problem

• Prepend perl -d to start the Perl debugger on the command line

perl -d ./check_iftraffic64.pl -H <MIMIMIMI> -C <MIMIMIMI> -L

or

perl -d ./check_iftraffic64.pl -H <MIMIMIMI> -C <MIMIMIMI> -L -d

append other options as necessary, n to execute next line so you can check where it might terminate

• thanks gonna try it tomorrow :)