NoMethod Error - Icinga2

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hi Icinga Community,

I tried to install Dashing on my icinga host, to give it a finished look. I followed all the instructions carefully but however, I am getting a NoMethod Error (Snapshot Attached). What am I doing wrong or what am I missing?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Hey,

I see that it is dead slow when it pulls the data. It takes forever to do that! Is there any way to speed things up? Plus, its not live monitoring, is that how it is supposed to be?

I also noticed that if you restart the host, you have to go into the dashing-icinga2 directory and restart dashing for it to work. Is there any fix for it? Also, when I restart dashing, I receive the following error:

/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/server.rb:107: warning: constant ::Fixnum is deprecated

The post was edited 1 time, last by ashahid ().

• What do you mean with "slow" and "live monitoring"?

Regarding the thin server - that's a different software component used by the dashing framework (nothing which dashing-icinga2 could take care of). Seems it uses programming techniques which are deprecated in newer Ruby versions. Probably makes sense to let thin developers know about it.

• By Slow, I mean the dashboard doesn't populate, then i discovered that I have to manually restart dashing each time for it to populate or refresh. By live monitoring, I meant that it refreshes automatically and shows me the status of my hosts.

Is that possible?

• That sounds like a different issue. Dashing and the underlaying framework use sort of web sockets to communicate. It seems that e.g. a Windows client platform is not supported (I would guess your browser is on Windows atm).

Does that sound familiar? https://github.com/Icinga/dashing-icinga2/issues/47

(btw - you should read more about Dashing and its used components to fully understand how it works, dashing-icinga2 is just a dashboard with a job runner, called by dashing/thin)

• Yup, that is the same issue that I am facing. I will read the threads and see what can be done.

Thanks