Notifications are working only for a few hosts with identical configuration

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode. Please register a new account on our new community platform.

You can create a thread on the new site and link to an archived thread. This archive is available as knowledge base, safe and secured.

More details here.
  • Hi,

I'm confused and I've no idea where I can find a solution for my problem. The problem: I've several devices in one zone. Some devices are able to get an alert but not the rest of them. The configuration for two host (homi and irda) is exactly the same. Homi works, irda not. I hope that my informations are enough..

First my facts:

Icinga: Version: r2.7.1-1

Monitoring Module: 2.4.2

Install via packages

Docs:

https://www.icinga.com/docs/ic…otifications-are-not-sent

https://www.icinga.com/docs/icinga2/latest/

Debuglog

icinga.log

There is something inside API event stream when I have a notification. If the notification like irda fail there is nothing inside the event stream.

#homi notification object list

#irda object list notification

• I looked through your configuration and compared it to my own and everything looks fine. The only strange thing that I found was that in your "homi" object, the following is shown:

..."DowntimeStart", "DowntimeEnd" "DowntimeRemoved" ...

(see line 30 of the "homi" object you pasted)

As you can see, there's a comma missing in between "DowntimeEnd" and "DowntimeRemoved". Theoretically, this shouldn't work then (I tested it myself and it doesn't). However, this doesn't make sense because 1) your configuration shouldn't deploy, 2) the "homi" object is the one that works anyways, and 3) both objects use the same notification templates.

Is there any explanation for this?

• Thank you, now I'm confused.. I think it was a copy paste failure. Currently this setup is still working only on a few hosts but not on all. It is strange.