Is it possible to pass warn range to PNP or grafana?

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hi Guys,

Im using icinga2 v2.6.3 with Graphite and Grafana setup.

For all temperature measurement services I'm using warning and/or critical ranges (min:max). But I found out that all plugins passing perf data only with MAX value to Grafana.

For example: nagios plugin check_snmp correctly works with ranges and shows Critical or Warning status if temperature is out of range, but in perf data it always show MAX even if MIN limit was breached.

Everything OK

/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_snmp -H host.example.com -o ".1.3.6.1.4.1.26609.2.4.1.2.0" -w "20:80" -C "public" -l "Temp"

SNMP OK - Temp 79 | Temp=79;80;;

Without MAX limit and status is OK

[root@monitor01 HPE-758]# /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_snmp -H host.example.com -w "20:" -o ".1.3.6.1.4.1.26609.2.4.1.2.0" -C "public" -l "Temp"

SNMP OK - Temp 83 | Temp=83;0;;

MIN limit was breached but in perf data it shows only MAX

[root@monitor01 HPE-758]# /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_snmp -H host.example.com -w "90:100" -o ".1.3.6.1.4.1.26609.2.4.1.2.0" -C "public" -l "Temp"

SNMP WARNING - Temp *81* | Temp=81;100;;

Sometimes it very painful, cause in such cases Grafana always shows under MAX limit.

Does anyone knows correct way to pass MIN:MAX range?

• The format of the performance data shows which values at which position have to be passed to get graphs with the expected values.

Looking at your examples I'd say that Temp=79;80;; contains the current and the warning values. If there is a line in your graph showing something like "CRITICAL" or "MIN" or "MAX" these lines originate from the template used, not from the performance data.

• There's no proper storage for such parsed ranges, neither in Graphite nor InfluxDB, etc. range_begin:range_end isn't an issue, but the somewhat strange format with infinity, negative values and negation.

That's discussed in https://github.com/Icinga/icinga2/issues/909 - add your thoughts over there.