Recently, I added the printers to nagios and this started appearing:
PING WARNING - DUPLICATES FOUND! Packet loss = 7%, RTA = 158.15 ms
the nagios server has only one card, and i tried clearing the arp cache and setting the speed on the printers to 100 full duplex.
- ping 10.10.1.23
- 64 bytes from 10.10.1.23: icmp_seq=564 ttl=64 time=0.440 ms
- 64 bytes from 10.10.1.23: icmp_seq=565 ttl=64 time=0.441 ms
- 64 bytes from 10.10.1.23: icmp_seq=566 ttl=64 time=0.445 ms
- 64 bytes from 10.10.1.23: icmp_seq=566 ttl=64 time=0.458 ms (DUP!)
- 64 bytes from 10.10.1.23: icmp_seq=567 ttl=64 time=0.474 ms
- 64 bytes from 10.10.1.23: icmp_seq=568 ttl=64 time=0.470 ms
i know it is a network problem. i tried setting the speed 10 full duplex on the printers and the switch but the problem remains. this is only happening with the HP Pro400 MFP M425dn model, and only on certain vlans. i tried clearing the arp on the router nearest to the printers and the firewall connected to the nagios, but it didn't help. seems to me like it is a problem with the network cards of the printers, or is there anything else to try?