Icingaweb2 shows only blank page

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hey guys,

After Upgrading Debian from Jessie to Stretch everything works smothly, except for Icingaweb2. If I access the URL it shows me only a blank white page. Apache access.log and error.log seem normal (as far as I can see, I do not have a lot of experience with websites to be honest).

Apache Version: 2.4.25

Debian Version: 9.1

PHP Version: 7.0.19-1

IcingaWeb2 Version: 2.4.1-2.stretch

Could someone give me a tipp or help me resolve this problem?

Thx a lot

• surf to the site and press F12, on chrome and firefox this should open the debug menu.

also there should be some error somewhere in the php.log, take a look if there is one.

next thing: run a tailf /var/log/httpd/access.log while surfing to the site and check what it actually does.

Linux is dead, long live Linux

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• Well, due to a urgent change I needet to restore Icinga2 to its previous state.

Meanwhile I had a bit time to check a few things. Seems not only Icingaweb stopped working but Icinga IDO to.

It appears that upgrading from Debian 8 to Debian 9 MySQL gets upgraded to MariaDB. Could that be the problem?

Is there any Tutorial that would help migrating the Icinga databases to MariaDB?

• Doesn't matter, MariaDB keeps using the same database and configuration settings as MySQL.

You should check the icinga2 logs and syslog for any errors. "stopped working" should be elaborated with more details, especially with screenshots from the web browser.

• I thought the same. It appeared to me Icinga simply stopped writing to the DB. But I'll try to upgrade again and give you more information as soon as I reach the point where it stopped working.

Thanks so far for the help ;)

• take a look at the mysql as well if mariadb has any problems they should be in there.

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• Alright, I tried again.

It appears to me that the website stopps working as soon as I clean the debian packages with "autoremove". Seems in the process php5 modules get removed too, since stretch does use php7, as it appears to me.

• well if you do not have to use php5 just switch to php7 it is the only reasonable thing.

• Just to be shure: Is there anything to consider for Icinga2 when switching to php7? or can I just remove all php5 packages and install the php7 packages instead?

• nothing to consider, just remove all the packages and install php7, you just have to make sure, that all the needed packages are installed.

• Well, i tried to upgrade tree times now, and it appears to me that the server as a whole has a lot of problems and just throws a fit afterwards. Things like occationally shutting down services, not booting up and so on, which makes me believe this was also the problem with Icinga and Icingaweb2. So I decided to install Icinga anew on a new hard disk, bit of new hardware etc.