Icingaweb2/Grafana/InfluxDB not pulling data correctly

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • From what I have been playing with, no you will need one for each host as the templates like base-metrics and icinga2-influxdb-host will adjust the panelID depending on the dynamically generated list of services.

Take, for example, panelID 34 for my switch is a different panelID 34 for one of my servers. If I am reading the way this works correctly, then choosing something that is say, Load at panel 34 for my switch may actually be Procs for my server depending on the number of services on the server.

That said, I'm still going to test this theory out unless someone can immediately tell me I'm wrong

There is no panelid34 in base-metrics that is provided with the module. I think you use the icinga2-default dashboard or a dashboard from somewhere else.

If you want support please post your /etc/icingaweb2/modules/grafana/config.ini and graph.ini, and if you have downloaded/created a dashboard, please provide it also.

• I was using it as a sample random ID as an example, not a specific one.

And base-metrics was a bad example. I was referring specifically to the other one (on more investigation).

• I was using it as a sample random ID as an example, not a specific one.

And base-metrics was a bad example. I was referring specifically to the other one (on more investigation).

The other one? Name ? Source? Please provide more information... We cant help you or understand you if you dont provide details

• As per my post you quoted, icinga2-influxdb-host.

The way it handles panels for multiple services is such that it alphabetically descends them with panel IDs which is where you can get the panel ID clash scenario I

explained.

Pure example: my switch panelID for 1 is an etherchannel snmp monitoring. For my NAS, panelID for 1 is the name of a volume that I have a quota assigned for and am monitoring. So I have good reason to believe that despite both panelIDs being 1 and showing separate data for each host, that in theory the URL that is generated when it pulls the graph will be the wrong data for each? Or will it correctly identify the panel per host?

• So you have installed the dashboard downloaded at Grafana.com. I also wrote that dashboard and if you read the description it will show "ALL"

Service Graphs/Panels from template, so if your host have only 1 service there will be less graphs/panels as a host that have 12 services .....

So the panelid will normaly never be the same on different hosts. This dashboard is made to have a quick view for a host object, not to use with the grafana module (only for learning how to create dashboards maybe)

Please use icinga2-default and/or base-metrics + your own dashboards.

• hello Guys,

I can see the graph of each services without manually adding.

But there is another problem, compared with graphs in grafana, this is no "Unit" and "pl" parameters.

And I tried to manually add the graphs, but the same problem still exists.

Below is my module configuration

Can someone provide any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• Hello

Super! It works finally.

I specified the "Dashboard name" as "base-metrics" for all my graphs, is this a right way?

If a self-defined monitoring servers has no match panel in the "base-metrics" dashboard, should I created the panel in grafana side then add it in the module?

Thanks

• I specified the "Dashboard name" as "base-metrics" for all my graphs, is this a right way?

If a self-defined monitoring servers has no match panel in the "base-metrics" dashboard, should I created the panel in grafana side then add it in the module?

The first depends on what you are graphing. If a graph for that service exists in base-metrics, than that's fine.

You will need to create the panel either in the base-metrics dashboard first, and then import it via the module or you can add it to the base-metrics graph in Grafana, and it should show up as well if how I have been working at it is accurate.

Others might have more clear answers. I'm still working through this slowly.