Updating icinga2-ido-mysql from 2.6.4 to 2.7.01 on a Raspberry Pi 2 getting a error

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hi,

i am updating on my raspberry Pi2 Icinga 2.6.4 to Icinga 2.7.0.1 with the source from "debmon.org" getting the following error:

All other one (icinga2 icinga2-bin icinga2-common libicinga2) is updating without any problems. Have anyone a idea for the reason to this problem. Thanks.

• If there anyone help. Here are the logs from "apt" and "dpkg"

Log APT:

Code
    1. Start-Date: 2017-08-04 16:10:52
    2. Commandline: apt-get upgrade
    3. Upgrade: icinga2-ido-mysql:armhf (2.6.3-1~debmon8+1, 2.7.0-1~debmon8+1)
    4. Error: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    5. End-Date: 2017-08-04 16:10:53

Log DPKG:

Code
    1. 2017-08-04 16:10:53 startup archives unpack
    2. 2017-08-04 16:10:53 upgrade icinga2-ido-mysql:armhf 2.6.3-1~debmon8+1 2.7.0-1~debmon8+1
    3. 2017-08-04 16:10:53 status half-configured icinga2-ido-mysql:armhf 2.6.3-1~debmon8+1
  • could you try running dpkg by hand like this dpkg --dry-run -i <package> that way you will get more information about where the error is happening.

Linux is dead, long live Linux

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• I get this one:

Code
    1. dpkg --dry-run -i /var/cache/apt/archives/icinga2-ido-mysql_2.7.0-1~debmon8+1_armhf.deb
    2. (Lese Datenbank ... 46555 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
    3. Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von .../icinga2-ido-mysql_2.7.0-1~debmon8+1_armhf.deb ...

Not anymore.

• Kevin.Honka

I had the same while self-compiling.

Code
    1. Illegal instruction
    2. dpkg: Warnung: Unterprozess altes pre-removal-Skript wurde durch Signal (Ungültiger Maschinenbefehl) getötet
    3. Unterprozess neues pre-removal-Skript wurde durch Signal (Ungültiger Maschinenbefehl) getötet
    4. Unterprozess installiertes post-installation-Skript wurde durch Signal (Ungültiger Maschinenbefehl) getötet

So it looks like the build scripts are not building for the raspberry 2 series CPU any more.

• this is quite possible.

I would also not advise to let icinga2 run on a raspberry Pi.

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• Thats for me the false answer :-(.

Ok at this time, my raspberry is complete broken with the os. A update to debian stretch still not working. Far away. What is the alternative?

I need a small device for the monitoring with a minimal power.

This one --> APU2C4 or a good x86 system on a Mini-ITX?

Your sentences "I would also not advise to let icinga2 run on a raspberry Pi." says to me --> ARM for Icinga is death for the pi 2 and for the pi 3 give it not repos.

• The problem with ARM processors is that they are so different with each generation. I once let icinga2 run on a Raspberry Pi 3 but the processor is simply not cut for it and gets quite hot, in fact so hot that you would have to install extra cooling for it to not damage anything.

• Ok. I think i have solved the problem. I set the raspberry2 to default with a fresh os and reload icinga2 with all equipment again. At this one have no problems with the install and other one. Icinga2 is currently run on version 2.7.0.1 .

I asume is a bug on the raspberry while running icinga2 in process. Would you need update, then i stopped the complete process manual and not with the automatic.

For the future i would me create a mini-itx system with an x86 AMD ;-), but at this moment have not other as the raspberry.

• Good to know - on the other side, take care apout the cpu heat, you often read that this is an issue.