Icinga Not sending any emails to the recipient

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hello Guys,

I am facing the weird issue that upto Yesterday Icinga sending mails, But from to day It doesn't sends any emails to the email specified int eh Users.conf

Icinga server is on Centos 7.

• how do you send those emails? do you have a local postfix as a proxy or are you sending them directly to a mailserver?

Did you check the logs of said mailserver, to see if they have been rejected?

Linux is dead, long live Linux

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• how do you send those emails? do you have a local postfix as a proxy or are you sending them directly to a mailserver?

Did you check the logs of said mailserver, to see if they have been rejected?

Hi Kevi,
    I have seen the Mail Logs, The mail server which i used is the one which is created by icinga itself. Now i seen that the sender was bloked by Gmail. Please suggest to unblock it by Gmail

Gmail message to Icinga :
    <emailto@domain.com> : host aspmx.l.google.com[74.125.133.26] said:

550-5.7.1 [185.62.85.22 12] Our system has detected that this message

is 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to

Gmail, 550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit 550-5.7.1

https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedMessageError 550 5.7.1 for

more information. q7si1166232wmd.16 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA

command)

• to unblock them with gmail, you will most likely have to set the mail adress as trusted or something, as I do not use gmail, I do not know how to do this.

Your problem is most likely because you use the default of icinga, which does not use any mailserver.

Linux is dead, long live Linux

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• You must be able to send mails from the command line,

using whatever tools you see fit (i.e mail, mailx, mutt).

After that works, study and modify /etc/icinga2/scripts/mail* to reflect the command you found to be working.

Have notifications and notification commands configured then as they are in the example config files below conf.d.