define hostgroup

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hey Guys, I'm fairly new to icinga. I have setup icigna2 with 20 hosts, right now, and as the number of hosts are growing, I'm gonna have to categorize them into hostgroups to be more manageable.. I have a master and all other hosts are agents.. all hosts are set as members of the default hostgroup (which is Linux in my case).. I added a custom hostgroup in groups.conf, and tried to add some of my agent hosts to it.. I had no luck though, as all hosts still are shown as a part of the default group. I already changed vars.os to the new hostgroup, and have defined new variable named vars.hostgroup which is also set to the new hostgroup, but still no luck.. in the database, I can see the new hostgroup is inserted into the corresponding table.. after all, my hosts are not assigned to the new hostgroup.. the only thing is that if I change master's hostgroup to the newly created hostgroup it will show up, but the "Linux" hostgroup will go away.. how can I fix this? hostgroups are the same in master side and the agent side.. note: the attache image shows the new hostgroup whose member is only master... (the Linux hostgroup is gone)

• would you please format your text correctly this is unreadable

Linux is dead, long live Linux

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• Hey Guys,

I'm fairly new to icinga. I have setup icinga2 with 20 hosts.. right now, and as the number of hosts are growing, I'm gonna have to categorize them into hostgroups to be more manageable.. I have a master and all other hosts are agents.. all hosts are set as members of the default hostgroup (which is Linux in my case).. I added a custom hostgroup in groups.conf, and tried to add some of my agents to it.. I had no luck though, as all hosts still are shown as a part of the default group. I already changed vars.os to the new hostgroup, and have defined new variable named vars.hostgroup which is also set to the new hostgroup, but still no luck.. in the database, I can see the new hostgroup is inserted into the corresponding table.. after all, my hosts are not assigned to the new hostgroup.. the only thing is that if I change master's hostgroup to the newly created hostgroup it will show up, but the "Linux" hostgroup will go away.. how can I fix this? hostgroups are the same in master side and the agent side.. note: the attached image shows the new hostgroup whose member is only master... (the Linux hostgroup is gone, and my other hosts are not shown)

• Never mind.. I managed to fix the issue.. it was as stupid as a typo..

Thanks anyways!