Hello, I'm interested in replacing our Nagios architecture with Icinga. I have some questions regarding automation and the API(s).
- When using the API to add/remove objects, is a "reload" required for the changes to be applied?
- Or is a reload done automatically and changes applied?
- As I understand it, there are 2 APIs?
- A "standard" one that listens on 5665 (by default) and one provided by the Director module that listens on 80/443?
- If an API is used, all configs need to be managed via API?
- For something trivial as changing a threshold, the API needs to be used to do this?
- Apply rules need to be managed by API?
- It's problematic to mix API(s) and manual configs?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.