Disable service check Icinga Zone

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Is there any way to disable/customize service checks in an Icinga Zone?

I am trying to enroll one of my host to Icinga using icinga2 node setup. I have to disable http service_check, which was enabled by default when I ran icinga2 node update-config, since the host that I added is not a web server.

Thanks!

• How is the service configured and where ?

API / Director ?

Local Config Files ?

Top-Down replicated Config Files ?

If it is made by apply rule, try to do something like assign where zone != "ZoneIDoNotWantToHAveThatService"

• Hi, I have already figured out the solution. I just have to update client's hosts.conf and not the master's hosts.conf.

• Nice that it works for you - but that approach will not scale well.

Do you really want to visit each client / satellite for each configuration change and then redo the same at the master so that it is able

to display your objects ?

Consider top-down config sync or the director so that you manage your config from one single place.

• Nice that it works for you - but that approach will not scale well.

Do you really want to visit each client / satellite for each configuration change and then redo the same at the master so that it is able

to display your objects ?

Consider top-down config sync or the director so that you manage your config from one single place.

I just saw your reply and now I am now learning it the hard way. I am now trying to change our setup from bottom-up to top-down but am currently having difficulty.

I am stuck with redefined object error, but the previous definition it is referring is the same with current conflict.

Code
    1. critical/config: Error: Object 'Tester' of type 'Zone' re-defined: in /etc/icinga2/zones.d/tester/zones.conf: 1:0-1:18; previous definition: in /etc/icinga2/zones.d/tester/zones.conf: 1:0-1:18
    2. Location: in /etc/icinga2/zones.d/tester/zones.conf: 1:0-1:18
  • how many hosts, do you have to administrate?

You could always use the director, to make it simpler.

Linux is dead, long live Linux

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• More or less 10 agents since the rest are agentless. Interesting, I'll check Director if it'll be easier. Thanks!

• it should be. the configuration is rather easy once you get your head around it and you do not have to deal with zones, the director does that for you

Linux is dead, long live Linux

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• Side note: The initial error comes from putting the Zone object definition underneath zones.d/. Syncing zone objects won't work here, since it is the same zone. Configure such inside the zones.conf file.