ldap check not working

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • I have the definitions below and icinga2 starts correctly but the service check does not get displayed in icinga2web. Any pointers on what I am doing wrong?

Code
    1. apply Service "ldap" { import "generic-service"
    2. check_command = "ldap" assign where host.name == "host.local"}

Code
    1. object ServiceGroup "LDAP" { display_name = "LDAP Checks"
    2. assign where match("ldap*", service.check_command)
    3. assign where host.name == "host.local"}

Thanks! :thumbsup:

• missed service icinga2 reload ?

nope that's not it. When I check on the filter for "ldap" nothing shows up either so it looks like the ldap service is not being applied to the host object and I'm not sure why -.-

• I can run /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_ldap -H host.local -b dc=local,dc=com successfully

Which is at least something.

With icinga2 object list --type service --name ldap you can verify if the service exists or not.

With icinga2 object list --type host --name host.local you can verify if the host exists or not.

You have that formated with newlines, i guess:

Code
    1. apply Service "ldap" {
    2. import "generic-service"
    3. check_command = "ldap"
    4. assign where host.name == "host.local"
    5. }
  • Which is at least something.

With icinga2 object list --type service --name ldap you can verify if the service exists or not.

With icinga2 object list --type host --name host.local you can verify if the host exists or not.

You have that formated with newlines, i guess:

Interestingly both commands do not return any results but I have other host and service checks working on host.local! Checking for the service disk does not return any values but running with ssh does return a lot of results.

• I fixed this. I changed this line in the services.conf file for the check from:

assign where host.name == "host.local"

assign where host.address == "host.local"