I would just like to preface this thread with the fact that I know that this may not be an Icinga2 problem, but perhaps others have run into this problem while using Icinga2 or the abundant network monitoring experts on this forum may know the problem which is why I'm asking here. Thank you for any and all help/suggestions in advance.
- I am monitoring multiple port interfaces on multiple firewalls and switches using check_snmp_int.pl
- I have set up the commands and services correctly and applied them to the hosts
- The "problem" firewall and switch interfaces were able to monitored using these definitions until just recently
- The "problem" firewall and switch settings are untouched (community string is the same, settings allow the Icinga2 server to use SNMP)
- I am still monitoring some switches using the same method
- I was able to use SNMP to monitor the port interfaces seamlessly before but now I'm not able to, despite not changing any configurations regarding the SNMP monitoring
Proof that it works on one of the switches:
- I am unable to initiate SNMP connections at all to the "problem" firewalls and switches at all (meaning I can't even run snmpwalk, snmpget, check_snmp, etc.)
What the problem looks like:
Note: This is just one example. I currently have 5 network devices that have this same problem.
1. I don't think that the problem lies in the plugin that I'm using or my command/service definitions because it works for other network devices
2. I know this is not limited to this environment specifically, this problem is also on a different environment that I have another Icinga2 instance on
I simply have no clue what is wrong. Could somebody give a hand?
If more information is needed, let me know. Thanks!