How to enhance a incinga2 CheckCommand with more Nagios plugin features.

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • For example the icinga2 CheckCommand object "udp" doesn't provide arguments for using Nagios Plugin Features like warning and critical.

One way to do that would be to create a new custom CheckCommand Object by importing the existing icinga2 udp CheckCommand and define an arguments dictionary with the required items (warning, critical).

BUT, in my actual Nagios world I have a lot of different named CheckCommand definitions for one and the same plugin which I try to avoid in icinga2 by defining just one CheckCommand with one name and with all required Nagios options I need.

Maybe it's not so difficult to achive this but at the moment I stuck as Newbie with that problem circleling around :rolleyes: and now I think it's just better to ask.

• One way to do that would be to create a new custom CheckCommand Object by importing the existing icinga2 udp CheckCommand and define an arguments dictionary with the required items (warning, critical).

Another way might be to extend the existing CheckCommand definition, create a pull request, and let others benefit from your work.

• Thanks, Wolfgang. Create a pull request of an enhanced udp CheckCommand definition would be great challenge for a newbie like me. Also to find out why the missing critical and warning arguments are still not there.

But at first I will do this with a new custom udp CheckCommand Object and second keep an eye on if there is something comperable in other CheckCommand definitions.

• It is not that hard, especially with GitHub these days where you can fork, apply and test changes and commit and send a PR within minutes.

https://www.icinga.com/community/get-involved/