Icinga2 Plugin check_snmp_int.pl save data

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Greetings,

I am an absolute beginner with Icinga and I have already tried several desperate attempts at finding a solution to it.
    After finally bringing check_snmp_int.pl to give me performance data I've tried to provide this data to JasperReports and Graphite.
    I've googled several desperate hours but couldn't find any answer. I can't seem to find where check_snmp_int.pl saves it's data for performance checks.

I'm working on:
    Ubuntu 14.04
    Icinga2 version:r2.5.4-1
    IcingaWeb2 version 2.3.4

I have already installed the plugin check_snmp_int.pl.

Code: commands.conf
    1. object CheckCommand "check_snmp_int" { import "plugin-check-command" command = [PluginDir + "/check_snmp_int.pl"] arguments = {    "-H" = "$snmp_address$"    "-C" = "$snmp_community$"    "-p" = "$snmp_port$"    "-2" = {set_if = "$snmp_v2$"}    "-o" = "$snmp_oid$"    "-f" = {set_if = "$snmp_perf$"}    "-w" = "$snmp_warn$"    "-c" = "$snmp_crit$"  }}

This is the service I have implemented with the plugin.

Code: service.conf
    1. apply Service "bandbreitenueberwachung" { check(unknown) at 12:40 ..._int" check_interval = 5m assign where host.vars.os == "Switch"}

tldr: where does check_snmp_int.pl save data and where does it retrieve it's data so I can use them in IcingaWeb.

I would be grateful for any advice :thumbsup:

David.

• Witch version of "check_snmp_int.pl" do you use?

I can't seem to find where check_snmp_int.pl saves it's data for performance checks.

What do you mean ? Where the delta numbers are stored ?

This is the service I have implemented with the plugin.

Can you please paste the complete service configuration ?

tldr: where does check_snmp_int.pl save data and where does it retrieve it's data so I can use them in IcingaWeb.

You want to see the performance data in icingaweb2 ? as a graph ?

• Plugins check certain things and output text, a reasonable return code and probably performance data, separated from the text by a pipe symbol.

This performance data will be provided to a graphing solution which itself is responsible for storing the data. The monitoring product might store the data as well but you shouldn't rely on it.

• check_snmp_int version : 1.24

I need to store the data so i can use it in Icingaweb2 with Graphite. So basically I want the data see a performance graph.

Can you please paste the complete service configuration ?

Thanks

David