auto-deploy changes in director

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hi,

Is it passable to avoid manual deploying after changing anything with Director?

If No, is it a bad idea to create a script that check the output of the command “icingacli director config render” every 5 seconds and then execute “icingacli director config deploy” if there is new configuration?

Thanks in advance.

• there is a option in the dirctor jo automate the deployment. You should look under Jobs->Config

Linux is dead, long live Linux

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• there is a option in the dirctor jo automate the deployment. You should look under Jobs->Config

Hi Kevin. Thanks for your reply.

I've created a Job as follow:

Then I tried to add a new host, and waited for more than 5 minutes. But with no luck!

When I checked the job:
    \

Did I miss something??

Thanks.

The post was edited 1 time, last by akh ().

• I thought there was a service that you could start to run the director jobs, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

what you can do after configuring the job, create a cronjob that runs icingacli director jobs run

this will execute the jobs, but only in their defined time, you could run this cron every 5 seconds and achieve what you wanted.

I will keep a look out for the Service that does this, maybe I can find it again.

I use the following crontab line

[b]*/30 * * * * icingacli director jobs run >/dev/null 2>&1[/b]

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• Hi Kevin.

Worked fine! But still! there should be a way to do it from Director side! it is too expensive to run the script every 5 seconds!

By the way, I believe in manual deploying! But, what a lazy operator who doesn't want to waste 3 seconds pressing the deploy link!!

Thanks again for your help.

• I'm with you, and thought there was a way for director to do it by himself.
    Still I can't find that service... maybe @TomGelf can help.

• thanks that what I was looking for :D