How to add Mikrotik Router into Icinga2

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hi,

I have up and running icinga2 in my Centos 7 box, where i am monitoring Linux And Windows system & its process, along with services..

Now i want to add mikrotik router and want to monitor it. I have got the SNMP module and commands examples.

But didnt got any example on how i can add the mikrotik router into Icinga2 master server as client...

Any help would be appreciable.

Thanks in advance...

• Never heard of that kind of hardware, and I am honest - I am too lazy to Google doing your homework.

Provide insights into monitoring interfaces on that hardware, SNMP MIBs, plugins you've already looked at, custom snmp get/walk queries you've probably already fired, etc.

That'll help finding the appropriate plugin or code one by yourself which then can be integrated into Icinga 2.

• oh no worries... dnsmichi... you have already helped me a lot...

Yes i have done those things already... just seems confused on how i can create all these with the custom snmp perl plugins for that hardware...

But i think it wont take more then 2 or 3 days to accomplish my task...

after completing that, i will answer here with full steps, for sure...

• Yes i figure out how to monitor Mikrotik Router by Icinga2...

The check plugin is here ..... I have place the plugin into the icinga plugin directory...

And configure the Mikrotik Host in "/etc/icinga2/repository.d/hosts" named as mikrotik.conf

and below is the configuration sample;

Hope It will help someone... :)

• hello,
    can you give sample to monitor status port mikrotik router?

thanks

• Hi there,

Below is one of my sample for checking Mikrotik Port Bandwidth...

You can customize it by discovering your mikrotik router's wan or lan port's SNMP OiD and configure it !!!