unexpected notification

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hi Guys,

I have received strange email. I manuel entry downtime for server security update. After , I received notification e-mail related downtime. But there is not such a state in host status. is this normal ? What am I missed ?

• Hello,

Code
    1. * templates = [ "mail-notify", "mail-host-notification" ]
    2. % = modified in '/etc/icinga2/conf.d/notifications.conf', lines 15:1-15:40
    3. % = modified in '/etc/icinga2/conf.d/templates.conf', lines 195:1-195:46

You have shown us the later of the two templates, but did you check the first one in line 15 ?
    For me, i am doing exactly what you did monthly during our mainenance downtime and it did not send these unwanded notifications so far.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sru ().

• Hello sru;

Yes I did. my templates are not contain DOWNTIMESTART or DOWNTIMEND state.

• hakgoz,
    here is my config:

With above i just checked that:

• If the host stays up, there is no notification after the end of the downtime.
    • If the host goes down in the middle of the downtime and stays down, there is a normal host-down notification after the end of the downtime. the Downtime is not mentioned in the email.
  • Hello sru,

Yeah I know that your said. But email subject was confused me. If the host goes down in the middle of the downtime and stays down, email subject is "Host Down". This e-mail subject is different.