unable to setup remote hosts

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • trying to add remote hosts to the monitoring server. I am unable to get a connection to the server.

windows:

Running command 'icinga2.exe pki save-cert --host "ip_addr" --port "5665" --key "windows_path.key" --cert "windows_path.crt" --trustedcert "windows_path.tmp"' produced the following output:
    critical/TcpSocket: Invalid socket: 10060, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."
    critical/pki: Cannot connect to host 'ip_addr' on port '5665'
    critical/cli: Failed to fetch certificate from host

Linux (ubuntu):
    warning/cli: Backup file 'path.orig' already exists. Skipping backup.
    warning/cli: Backup file 'path.crt.orig' already exists. Skipping backup.
    information/base: Writing private key to 'path.key'.
    information/base: Writing X509 certificate to 'path.crt'.
    information/cli: Fetching public certificate from master (ip_addr, 5665):

critical/TcpSocket: Invalid socket: No route to host
    critical/pki: Cannot connect to host 'ip_addr' on port '5665'
    critical/cli: Peer did not present a valid certificate.

I added the port to the iptables and checked the firewall. Could it be a cert issue?

Thanks!

• It is a connection issue to your master host listening on "ip_addr" on port 5665. Verify that with 'netstat -an | grep 5665' for example.

• Thanks for the reply. Got it to work forgot to update the API config XD. I do have another problem though. There was a power outage not too log ago and the server lost power. After pulling it and all the other servers back online, the icinga server tells me all my hosts (except for itself) are down. I have checked the firewalls and network connects on all hosts. The correct ports are open and the icinga services are running. I also checked the logs and there are some query issues. But at the same time it also receives some queries. not really sure what to do at this point...

information/IdoMysqlConnection: Query queue items: 0, query rate: x/s (x/min x/xmin x/xmin);

• Hello ,

I have also get this issue too

critical/TcpSocket: Invalid socket: 10060, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

critical/pki: Cannot connect to host '192.168.100.16' on port '5665'

critical/cli: Failed to fetch certificate from host

• Check your connection from the client to the master. That's not happening on the application layer but below (packet filter, socket communication).