Windows Server CPU monitoring/alert and list Top Processes

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hi, I am looking to Icinga2 to do these tasks. Full disclosure I have only recently installed Icinga2 on CentOS7.

I have been tasked to find a Network Monitoring System that can do the following:

*Windows Servers only*

• When CPU goes over x% for more than x seconds (configurable), send a report listing the top applications at the time.
    • When Momory goes over x% for more than x seconds (configurable), send a report listing the top applications at the time.
    • Reports need to be incremental, as in only new incidents are listed in subsequent reports. Example: "Since last report: These things happened...".

In Zabbix I am thinking of doing something similar using a powershell script in UserParameter. However I have been directed to look at Icinga2 because of the responsive UI.

Can someone point me to the right direction. What kind of mechanism does Icinga2 have for this situation?

Anyone know of an existing plugin that does something similar (I understand the requirements are very specific) that I can built on.

If Icinga2 is not the solution I should be looking at, can someone recommend me of others.

Thanks!