Question about upgrade 2.3.4-1 --> 2.4.x

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hi everybody,
    I would like to upgrade icinga 2.3.4-1 to 2.4.x in order to use the API like installed on the icinga VM. Do I only have to execute the /usr/share/icinga2-ido-mysql/schema/upgrade/2.4.0.sql ? The documentation only talks about the DB part. Does it mean nothing has to be done with the frontend? What about the clients? Do they have to be upgraded as well?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Mathieu

• Do I only have to execute the /usr/share/icinga2-ido-mysql/schema/upgrade/2.4.0.sql ?

Yes, should be fine.

Does it mean nothing has to be done with the frontend?

Icinga Web 2 should support any Icinga version from 1.5.0 up to 2.4.10. Of course, the latest one is usually the best one.

What about the clients? Do they have to be upgraded as well?

In theory they should continue to work. However, I'm not sure about whether this is true for 2.3.4->2.4.10. Could someone else jump in with more details here? You should upgrade them anyways, a lot of annoying or also dangerous little issues have been fixed in recent versions. These include for example routing loops with agents talking to multiple masters.

Best,
    Thomas

• Upgrade the master(s) first, then the clients. 2.3.x clients may work, but such scenarios remain unsupported (different major versions).

• Hi havauxm,

Did you finally upgrade your icinga2 platform?
    I wan to do the same with mine, and would love to hear your comments...

Regards.