Hosts configured in Icinga Director not showing up Overview->Hosts

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • I've added a host to Icinga Director through the "Add Host" under the hosts section in Icinga Director, but the host, now showing as configured in Icinga Director, does not show up under Overview and is not monitored. I only have one Icinga server...so no distributed setup. I also did not create any hosts outside of Icinca director.

Once I create a host and deploy the config...shouldn't it start monitoring the new host?

Package: icinga2
    Version: icinga2-2.4.4-1.el7.centos.x86_64

Package: icingaweb2
    Version: icingaweb2-2.2.0-1.el7.centos.noarch

Icinga Director v1.0.0

• If the deployment went fine, yes :D I'd suggest to use the current master instead of 1.0.0, but even long before 1.0.0 this should never have been an issue.

• Alright...I tried to keep selinux on...but I have a feeling that could have created problems. I'll start over (being that this is a new installation anyway...and see how that goes. Thanks Tom!

• tron, have you figured this out yet?

I have the same issue, although I had some manually configured hosts and services. You create the host in Director, but it never becomes a monitored object. The config validates, and I can see the new directory in /var/lib/icinga2/api/packages/director which also contains a status file with return code 0 in it. The logs don't exactly help much, even on debug.

How does this exactly work - is the director config supposed to be merged with the static files in /etc/icinga2/conf.d at runtime?
    Is it necessary / advisable to recreate all the static objects in Director or can they be imported?

I think we need to put together a HOWTO when we get this working - I have been struggling for some time now - I doubt we alone.

“For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.”
    ― Aristotle

• I have not figured it out yet. Just out of curiosity, did you have SELinux enabled when you set up your environment?

• Hi Tron

It is a little confusing to start with. You need to create templates before you create the hosts. Once the hosts have been created and the config renders correctly it will start to show under the Overview > Hosts

Hope this helps.