Webinterface Setup: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: database "icingaweb2" does not exist

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hello everyone,

I'm completely new to Icinga (and not too familar with Linux yet, heavily working on it) so have my pardon if this question is kind of newbish.
    I've been setting up Icinga2 and Icingaweb2 with a postgresql 9.5 as database so far. No errors, every required module installed - until I hit the "Finish" button in the webinterface setup.
    I assumed it is trying to create the database as user Icinga and lacks privilege to do so, as I didnt get the "Database Setup - It seems that either the database you defined earlier does not exist and cannot be created using the provided access credentials..." screen after configuring the "Database Resource".

Sidenode:

PostgreSQL: 9.5
    Installation procude: Followed the instructions on
    http://docs.icinga.org/icinga2…g-started#getting-started
    and
    https://github.com/Icinga/icin…aster/doc/installation.md

I highly appreciate any help so thank you guys very much in advance!

Best regards,
    Tom

The error:

Sorry! Failed to set up Icinga Web 2 successfully.

Back
    General configuration has been successfully written to: /etc/icingaweb2/config.ini

Authentication configuration has been successfully written to: /etc/icingaweb2/authentication.ini
    Account "********" has been successfully defined as initial administrator.

User Group Backend configuration has been successfully written to: /etc/icingaweb2/groups.ini
    Unable to create user group "Administrators". An error occured:
    ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception in /usr/share/php/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:144 with message: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: database "icingaweb2" does not exist

Resource configuration has been successfully written to: /etc/icingaweb2/resources.ini

Monitoring backend configuration has been successfully written to: /etc/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/backends.ini
    Resource configuration has been successfully updated: /etc/icingaweb2/resources.ini

Command transport configuration has been successfully created: /etc/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/commandtransports.ini

Monitoring security configuration has been successfully created: /etc/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/config.ini

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kvothe ().

• resolved. like said, newbish me. simply had to connect to sudo -u postgresql psql and ALTER ROLE icinga CREATEROLE CREATEDB;

Thank you nevertheless!