I'm a new Thruk user. I've installed it along with Nagios 4.08 on Debian Jessie.
I'm trying to figure ho to make the object settings (under Config Tool menu) work. At the moment I'm stuck and i could use a little help...
I've enabled the Object settings via /etc/thruk/thruk_local.conf:
- <Component Thruk::Backend>
- name = Luc_livestatus
- id = 7215e
- type = livestatus
- peer = /usr/local/nagios/var/rw/live
- core_conf = /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
- obj_check_cmd = /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
It seems to work, but after I have made any changes to the config files, whenever I press the "Check configuration changes" button,
I'm presented the error:
/var/log/thruk/thruk.log shows there is a "permission denied" error:
- [2015/03/04 15:54:52][ERROR][Thruk.Utils.External] Can't exec "/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios": Permission denied at lib/Thruk/Utils/IO.pm line 265.
- [2015/03/04 15:54:52][ERROR][Thruk.Controller.error] Background Job Failed
- [2015/03/04 15:54:52][ERROR][Thruk.Controller.error] on page: http://10.1.1.10/thruk/cgi-bin/job.cgi?job=38a30
But it's not clear why the permission to execute the command is denied...
nagios process is owned by nagios:
I'm a bit confused...