Thermometer Gadget not visible in Nagvis 1.5.x

This forum was archived to /woltlab and is now in read-only mode.
  • Hi everyone!
    In Nagvis 1.4 gadget worked perfectly, but version 1.5. (Tried 1.5.3, 1.5.4, 1.5.5)
    gadget not visible when viewing maps, but editing it is visible
    Help please ! :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by vtm007 ().

• after reading this post
    and INSTALL
    required to apply the patch gadgets_core.diff

root@icinga:/usr/local/nagvis/share/userfiles/gadgets# patch gadgets_core.php gadgets_core.diff
    patching file gadgets_core.php
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 47.
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 96 (offset -2 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 110 (offset -2 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 118 (offset -2 lines).
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file gadgets_core.php.rej

after that, not what gadgets are not shown in view mode (View current map) but in the mode of Edit current MAP gadget displays the current temperature
    I'm confused ?(

• with the patch solved the problem
    the latest version gadget

reinstall gadget many times,without success

in EDIT mode, the gadget displays excellent
    in view it is not visible

• may be a bug ?
    I tried to insert for test the following code to gadget

$jpeg_file = "./thermo/burst.jpg";
    $img = imagecreatefromjpeg($jpeg_file);

if ($img)
    {
    header("Content-type: " .image_type_to_mime_type(IMAGETYPE_JPEG));
    imagejpeg($img);
    }

result of the same

in edit mode, the gadget displays excellent
    in view it is not visible

The post was edited 1 time, last by vtm007 ().

• Hello, I'm the developer of this gadget. I have not tested my code in NagVis 1.5, but I will do so today and report back. LIkely, I'll need to update the gadget. Thanks for the pointer to this thread so I can fix this.

Also, the patch mentioned above is for NagVis 1.3. There were some changes required to get the data I wanted, which were later pushed into the main source tree, so the patch will no longer apply.

Eric

The post was edited 1 time, last by ecrist ().

• I have spent my day trying to get NagVis 1.5.5 installed. Still having problems (no auth.db found) but I'll get it figured out. Expect a resolution to this issue tomorrow or Friday.

• It would seem NagVis 1.5.5 is crap. I've spent two days working through bugs just to get it installed. I now have it installed, but javascript errors abound. To be honest, I'm sort of tired of spending time on this. If you were to get me a shell on a box where 1.5.5 actually worked (or tell me what version of 1.5 actually does work OK) I'll debug and fix my plugin. As it stands now, I'm going to recommend on the exchange that it be used for NagVis 1.4 only.

• After looking at your problem again, it would appear as though your perfdata is faulty. Are you using my nagios check, or your own? It seems performance data is not being output by your check script.

• perfdata in order check_snmp shoot wrapped in a script

Code
    1. /usr/local/icinga/libexec/check_snmp -H $1 -o $2 -l Temp -u C -w40 -c45 | awk '{print $1,$2,$3,$4,substr($5,2,4)" " $6,$7,"Temp="""substr($5,2,4)""""}' # | awk ubstr($4,1,4)" " $5,$6,"Temp="subkstr($4,1,4)}'{print $1,(substr ($9,7))"."substr($9,5,2)"."substr($9,1,4)}'

this is what I thought was the easiest option
    and it all worked perfectly on 1.4.h version
    1.5. When I edit a map gadget runs smoothly
    if there were problems with the perfdata then this would not have been

The post was edited 2 times, last by vtm007 ().

• my perfdata has the Temp=22.8
    SNMP OK - 'Temp' 22.6C | 'Temp'=22.8

when wrong perfdata output

ERROR: Found no valid performance data in string

changed perfdata
    removed Temp=

ERROR: Found no valid performance data in string

The post was edited 3 times, last by vtm007 ().

• [19-Nov-2010 23:30:02] PHP Notice: Undefined index: warning_min in /usr/local/nagvis/share/userfiles/gadgets/thermo.php on line 38
    [19-Nov-2010 23:30:02] PHP Notice: Undefined index: warning_max in /usr/local/nagvis/share/userfiles/gadgets/thermo.php on line 39
    [19-Nov-2010 23:30:02] PHP Notice: Undefined index: critical_min in /usr/local/nagvis/share/userfiles/gadgets/thermo.php on line 41
    [19-Nov-2010 23:30:02] PHP Notice: Undefined index: critical_max in /usr/local/nagvis/share/userfiles/gadgets/thermo.php on line 42
    [19-Nov-2010 23:30:02] PHP Notice: Undefined index: critical_min in /usr/local/nagvis/share/userfiles/gadgets/thermo.php on line 44
    [19-Nov-2010 23:30:02] PHP Notice: Undefined index: critical_max in /usr/local/nagvis/share/userfiles/gadgets/thermo.php on line 45

• hmm I'm corrected perfdate and everything was fine,
    strange yet
    Thank you all for your support, especially Eric