Trouble while installing nagios plugin on linux host to monitor it over mrpe

(Petra) #1

Hi Guys,

I want to install an nagios plugin on an linux host, this is one client machine, there is no nagios installation in.

On this machine is a mysql installation and I want to get an SQL query direktly from this host, to my monitoring server as an inventored check.

So on, I have put the plugin: check_mysql_query.pl

(https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Databases/check_mysql_query-2Epl-(Advanced-Nagios-Plugins-Collection)/details)

into this directory: /usr/lib/nagios/plugins. Now the monitoring host can find the check, but it isn’t working…

When I startet the check on my comand line, I getting this error:

./check_mysql_query.pl

Can’t locate HariSekhonUtils.pm in @INC (you may need to install the HariSekhonUtils module) (@INC contains: ./lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.20.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.20.2 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.20 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.20 /usr/share/perl/5.20 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./check_mysql_query.pl line 34.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at ./check_mysql_query.pl line 34.

Now, I have found this modul HariSekhonUtils.pm on git and puted the zip file on the host:

But I cant installing it… I get some errors, after I used make:

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
Makefile:77: recipe for target ‘submodules’ failed
make[1]: *** [submodules] Error 128
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/root/lib-Perl’
Makefile:55: recipe for target ‘build’ failed
make: *** [build] Error 2

Does anyone has an idea, what I’m doing wrong on this?

Regards,
Petra

(Philipp Näther) #2

The title says “over mrpe”. So you are using check_mk and WATO?

(Petra) #3

Yes I do. But, I don’t want an normal active check. Because, I don’t want to open the mysql port for other systems.

(Philipp Näther) #4

Why not enabling the mysql port only for your monitoring via firewall? After that you still have to provide authentication with username and password.

(Petra) #5

Hi, the problem is. I can’t do this, because of security policies.