Some clarifications toggling notifications

(lonelyadmin) #1

So I’ve been working on getting notifications going with Director. I’m not clear on what overrides what and also not clear on how you’re supposed to enable or disable notifications via director.

I’ve created a boolean data field called “enable_notifications” that I define at the host or service template level and assign in the host or service notification definition with “assign where host.vars.enable_notifications” or “assign where service.vars.enable_notifications”.

When I go to define the assign rules, I also see host.enable_notifications and service.enable_notifications. Where are these modified at? Is it the notifications toggle in icingaweb2?

I’ve also seen “Send Notifications” under “Check execution” under host and service templates. Where does this value get evaluated when it comes time to determine whether or not to send a notification?

I’ll gladly share configs, I’m just not sure what to send in this case.

(Aflatto) #2

When I go to define the assign rules, I also see host.enable_notifications and service.enable_notifications. Where are these modified at? Is it the notifications toggle in icingaweb2?

Yes, the option in IcingaWeb2 is the one that toggles these values.

I’ve also seen “Send Notifications” under “Check execution” under host and service templates. Where does this value get evaluated when it comes time to determine whether or not to send a notification?

These are evaluated in the notification logic you write.