Migration of debmon.org to icinga.com .deb packages?

Hi *,

it seems the debmon.org page is down since a few day and its shutdown was announced by its maintainer here:

I currently have the following packages installed on a Debian 9 installation:

ii  icinga2                              2.7.0-1~debmon9+1              amd64        host and network monitoring system
ii  icinga2-bin                          2.7.0-1~debmon9+1              amd64        host and network monitoring system - daemon
ii  icinga2-common                       2.7.0-1~debmon9+1              all          host and network monitoring system - common files
ii  icinga2-doc                          2.7.0-1~debmon9+1              all          host and network monitoring system - documentation
ii  icinga2-ido-mysql                    2.7.0-1~debmon9+1              amd64        host and network monitoring system - MySQL support
ii  icingacli                            2.4.1-1                        all          simple CLI tool for Icingaweb2 and its modules
ii  icingaweb2                           2.4.1-1                        all          simple and responsive web interface for Icinga
ii  icingaweb2-common                    2.4.1-1                        all          simple and responsive web interface for Icinga - common files
ii  icingaweb2-module-doc                2.4.1-1                        all          simple and responsive web interface for Icinga - documentation module
ii  icingaweb2-module-monitoring         2.4.1-1                        all          simple and responsive web interface for Icinga - monitoring module
ii  libicinga2                           2.7.0-1~debmon9+1              amd64        host and network monitoring system - internal libraries
ii  php-icinga                           2.4.1-1                        all          PHP library to communicate with and use Icinga

and planning to migrate to the packages available at http://packages.icinga.com/debian/

Does anyone already has some experiences on the differences between the debmon dot org and icinga dot com packages? Are there any issues expected?

Thanks in advance for a reply.

(Michael Friedrich) #2

The packages on packages.icinga.com shared the same package build scripts with debmon and also Debian upstream. The only adjustments been made in the past year after 2.7 generally affect needed changes for 2.8 and upcoming 2.9. TL;DR - I don’t expect breaking changes, though I have never tried it.

Either way, you should always read the upgrading documentation for application changes itself. 2.8 brought in some of these.

1 Like

Hey,

and thanks for your reply. This information was great and the only worry i had for the upgrade:

The “standard” upgrade of icinga2 / icingaweb2 is something i can easily handle. Already did that and migrated to the packages.icinga.com packages with success.

Thanks again for this great info.

(Marcelfischer) #4

Hey,

will you provide packages for armhf again?

armhf would be great… on github i found a Issue for this:

(Michael Friedrich) #6

If one pays for the time, hardware and maintenance, there will. I cannot tell you when or whether this happens anytime soon. Other than rebuilding the actual deb-src packages on armhf, you might be able to do it by yourself.