Installing mk-livestatus

Hello,
I’m currently in the process of setting up NagVis, and one of the prerequisites is that mk-livestatus be up and running on your Nagios server. This is proving difficult.
The check_mk website really only has instructions on how to install all of check_mk, which I don’t believe I need, so I went off of this guide here:

I made the small adjustment that /usr/lib/nagios/mk-livestatus is now /usr/lib64/nagios/mk-livestatus.
Unfortunately, after getting to the end, I encounter a problem: running the test command

echo 'GET hosts' | unixcat /usr/lib64/nagios/mk-livestatus/live

yields the error message

No UNIX socket /usr/lib64/nagios/mk-livestatus/live existing

I’ve tried installing more recent versions of mk-livestatus, but every other version number I enter into the wget command just comes back with ERROR 404: Not Found.
I’m running Nagios 4.3.4 on a CentOS 7 server. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Best bet for the future would be to migrate from plain nagios to the omd installation of cmk (check_mk raw edition).
This OMD package ships everything you need (including Nagvis) in a modern, preconfigured and easy to update environment.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that is not an option at present.
I have tried installing a more recent version of mk-livestatus (specifically version 1.5.0) but when running the command .\configure --with-nagios4 I now get the error:
configure: error: unable to find the rrd_xport function
Is it possible to overcome this without the omd?
Thank you very much.