Some years ago I stopped monitoring the interface usage on Windows via SNMP ( due to 32Bit counters, deprecated since Server 2008 or so )
Currently I use Nsclient++ / check_counters
Maybe I’m using it wrong, but there are a few drawbacks
- 3 separate checks needed per nic (In, Out, Total)
- need to start nscp/perfmon on the WinHost to figure out the correct NIC-Name
- there is no average between the last check and the current one, only the value when measuring
I’m looking for a solution where I …
- don’t need to log on to the server after “the agent” is deployed.
- doesn’t need admin rights (remote WMI access?)
- can use it with Naemon & Icinga 2
What do you use for monitoring Windows Network interfaces?