Graphite Module: Could not resolve host: icingaweb2

Hey there!

First off i really enjoy using icinga2, huge thanks to everyone making this possible!

Currently i am doing a fresh install and want to move from the old pnp4nagios plugin to graphite-web.
After some python dependency hassle i got everything in place. Graphite is recieving and storing the metrics data. Now my problem is:
When opening up a host/service view, there is no metrics graph to the right, only the message Could not resolve host: icingaweb2 followed by this traceback:

#0 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/graphite/library/vendor/iplx/Http/Client.php(133): iplx\Http\Client->executeHandle(Object(iplx\Http\Handle))
#1 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/graphite/library/Graphite/Graphing/GraphiteWebClient.php(77): iplx\Http\Client->send(Object(iplx\Http\Request))
#2 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/graphite/library/Graphite/Graphing/MetricsQuery.php(111): Icinga\Module\Graphite\Graphing\GraphiteWebClient->request('/icingaweb2/met...')
#3 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/graphite/library/Graphite/Graphing/Template.php(88): Icinga\Module\Graphite\Graphing\MetricsQuery->fetchColumn()
#4 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/graphite/library/Graphite/Web/Widget/Graphs.php(202): Icinga\Module\Graphite\Graphing\Template->getCharts(Object(Icinga\Module\Graphite\Graphing\MetricsDataSource), Array, 'http')
#5 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/graphite/library/Graphite/Web/Widget/Graphs.php(486): Icinga\Module\Graphite\Web\Widget\Graphs->getGraphsList()
#6 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/graphite/library/Graphite/ProvidedHook/Monitoring/DetailviewExtension.php(24): Icinga\Module\Graphite\Web\Widget\Graphs->hasGraphs()
#7 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/library/Monitoring/Web/Controller/MonitoredObjectController.php(89): Icinga\Module\Graphite\ProvidedHook\Monitoring\DetailviewExtension->getHtmlForObject(Object(Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Object\Service))
#8 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/application/controllers/ServiceController.php(66): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Web\Controller\MonitoredObjectController->showAction()
#9 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Action.php(507): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Controllers\ServiceController->showAction()
#10 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/Dispatcher.php(76): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('showAction')
#11 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Front.php(937): Icinga\Web\Controller\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response))
#12 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/Web.php(407): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response))
#13 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/webrouter.php(104): Icinga\Application\Web->dispatch()
#14 /usr/share/icingaweb2/public/index.php(4): require_once('/usr/share/php/...')
#15 {main}

It looks like i misconfigured a hostname somewhere, but i can’t figure out where.
Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Hi,

you need to navigate into Configuration - Modules - Graphite and look into the configuration tab for the instances.
There you need to add the HTTP endpoint where Graphite is reachable.

Cheers,
Michael

Alright, that definitely is the spot.
Now the right panel view is only gray, but i guess i’ll just play around with the values :smiley:

Thanks a lot!

Update: Had to correct one port, now everything’s fine & ready for testing :slight_smile: