So let’s start from the beginning (taking the values you provided):
- The temporary files should be in
/usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/host-perfdata. These directories should be processed by the NPCD so the number of files shouldn’t increase without limit. Verify that the NPCD is running.
- If something with the NPCD goes wrong there should be messages in the
npcd.log, location and log level might be altered in
- The temporary files are processed by
process_perfdata.pl. Errors should be written to
process_perfdata.log, location and log level might be altered in
- *.xml and *.rrd files should created below
/usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/perfdata/in a folder per host object.
- The *.xml files contain two tags called
<RC>shows the return code of the RRDtool update and
<TXT>a textual description. The *.rrd files should be updated each time the object is checked, the *.xml files should be recreated each time.
- If everything is correct so far it’s time to check the Apache settings / logs.