Grafana and PNP - What am i doing wrong?

grafana

(Frederico Almeida) #1

Hello fellow monitors!

I have here a problem that is making my head hurt!
I am a happy user of check_mk/omd monitoring system for some years now.
Currently i have a setup made of a central check_mk server 1.4.0p23, 9 remote sites and wanted to use grafana to generate some specific graphs from pnp4nagios.

I have installed grafana ( v. 5.1) in the central server and have it connected to 3 ntop on remote sites and is working perfectly. As i can only get the data from the monitored devices in the local server i tried to create a data source in grafana for each of the remote monitoring servers so i can graph from them.
For some reason the data source does not work for the remote machines.
In the local server i don’t even have to put username/password as it accesses the pnp4nagios data right away; for the remote sites i can’t make it work and i dont understand why.

Can anyone give me a help on this?

Best regards
Fred

(Sven Nierlein) #2

Have you tried the proxy mode?

(Frederico Almeida) #3

Hello

I think for that i will have to change something in apache so i can use proxy mode right?
This is something i am not aware of, do you have any hint on how to configure apache for this?

Thanks
Fred

(Sven Nierlein) #4

No, i am talking about the Grafana Proxy mode. Change “Access” from “Browser” to Proxy.

(Frederico Almeida) #5

Hello and thanks for taking time to help.
I have changed the mode and i get -
HTTP Error Not Found

I dont get this… by browser it works.
I tried to use curl to test from the machine and i get this:

[root@lu11monsrv02 ~]# curl --user : http://10.21.2.240/lu21mon01/pnp4nagios

301 Moved Permanently

Moved Permanently

The document has moved here.

[root@lu11monsrv02 ~]#

Sorry for not being a great help.

(Sven Nierlein) #6

Have you tried these two variants: https://github.com/sni/grafana-pnp-datasource#create-datasource

(thanhtung1512) #7

Hi,

I also had the same issue.
Additional, in the tab HTTP Access: I only have two mode: Browser and Server, not having proxy mode.
Can anyone help me?
Capture

(Sven Nierlein) #8

Server and proxy are the same.