Errors when Setting downtime or acknowledging a problem

(Martinrw) #1

We have recently started seeing the following php errors when trying to acknowledge a problem or set downtime in icingaweb2:

icinga2: Operation timed out after 30001 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received.
#0 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/application/forms/Command/Object/AcknowledgeProblemCommandForm.php(163): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Command\Transport\CommandTransport->send(Object(Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Command\Object\AcknowledgeProblemCommand)) #1 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Form.php(1158): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Forms\Command\Object\AcknowledgeProblemCommandForm->onSuccess() #2 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/library/Monitoring/Web/Controller/MonitoredObjectController.php(130): Icinga\Web\Form->handleRequest() #3 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/application/controllers/ServiceController.php(79): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Web\Controller\MonitoredObjectController->handleCommandForm(Object(Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Forms\Command\Object\AcknowledgeProblemCommandForm)) #4 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Action.php(507): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Controllers\ServiceController->acknowledgeProblemAction() #5 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/Dispatcher.php(76): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(String) #6 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Front.php(937): Icinga\Web\Controller\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response)) #7 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/Web.php(300): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response)) #8 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/webrouter.php(104): Icinga\Application\Web->dispatch() #9 /usr/share/icingaweb2/public/index.php(4): require_once(String) #10 {main}

We are running icingaweb2 version 2.6.2-1

I have a separate icinga2 + icingaweb2 instance in our staging / preprod environment which is the same in every way apart from being on another network and I am able to set downtimes etc there without any problem. I can’t see any difference between the 2 instances.

Any idea what’s happening here? Is there any more info I can provide to help debug this?

(Carsten Köbke) #2

Looks like your icingaweb2 cant reach the API of icinga2.
Make sure the API port is open (netstat -tulpen) and reachable from your icingaweb2 server.
If there is a firewall in between, create a rule that allows your icingawebserver to connect to the API port on your icinga2 server.

(Martinrw) #3

Hi Carsten

Thanks for the reply. The API port is open but actually icinga2 and icingaweb2 are on the same server so there is no firewall getting in the way anyway.

As I was completely out of ideas I just tried restarting the icinga2 service (i didn’t change any settings or anything else) and now I am able to set downtimes etc without error.

Cheers
Martin