Dashing Icinga2 sample dashboard empty

(Arukadox) #1

Hi,

I’ve recently installed dashing icinga2 and main dashboard works fine http://hostname:8005/icinga2
But I wanted to modify it (add some other fields etc) so I’ve checked http://hostnem:8005/sample cos there are a lot of fields that I wanted to use but all of them are empty, only titles appears.

I’ve wasted a lot of time trying to make it work but I ended up with nothing.

For example I’ve also tried dashinga2 and in there all widgets showing values but since dashinga2 have different code layout and files I’ve failed to adapt this to my needs. I’m not a developer so most of the codes means very little to me.

I’ve searched for example “uptime” field and it seems to be in jobs and libs files but it still doesn’t work.

So is there any simple way to make it work? Or maybe some guide which will guide me trough it?
The most desired solution would be to have all of this widget running fine so I could adapt them to primary dasboard.

I’m using:
Icinga2 - The Icinga 2 network monitoring daemon (version: r2.9.1-1)
icingaweb2.noarch 2.6.1-1.el7.icinga

I’ll be grateful for any help

(watermelon) #2

I think there might be something wrong with the “Simplemon” widget, which is what the ‘sample’ page is entirely composed of (which would be why you have no data, only titles in the tiles). I tried it out for myself and also noticed there is no data for the “Simplemon” widgets, not sure what the problem could be.

Consider opening a issue on the Dashing project if someone doesn’t have the answer here.

(Michael Friedrich) #3

sample is not actively maintained, I just did not delete it to leave sample code in there. The only supported dashboard is icinga2.

(Arukadox) #4

Ok I understand that.
So is there any simple way to have working uptime and some other fields?

(Michael Friedrich) #5

Since uptime is exported by the icinga class, it should be easy to a) add this to the job, sending an update event b) define a widget where this presented in the dashboards. v0.0.9 contains the old code which was responsible for that, it will likely need modifications for the current code base.