Clone VM with icinga2 and icingaweb2

(Frayber) #1

Hi, I’d like to test upgrades to icinga2 and icingaweb2 on a cloned VM (vmware) of the production server.
I made vmware clone, changed Ip and hostname but I got errors in both cloned and production server.
Which is the correct procedure to follow?
Thanks

Having more details on the errors might help others to help you…

(Roland) #3

If you have configured your icinga2 ido connection and icingaweb2 ido ressource other than with hostname localhost or 127.0.0.1 than you’ll need to update your clone config (and might repair your database on the original).

(Thomas Widhalm) #4

Certificates for your connection between Icinga 2 instances are created with the hostname as CN, so you will have to recreate them if you created them in the first host.

(Frayber) #5

When I enabled network on the cloned machine (after changing IP and hostname), icingaweb on cloned was unreacheable, on production server icingaweb began to report many errors but I don’t remember because I was in a hurry to bring up again production server, so i powered off the cloned machine and restarted the production one because it didn’t work even after powering off the clone.
The mysql db resource is configured on localhost. I have director module enabled.
What else should I check?
Thanks

(Jon2jay) #6

For upgrades if anything we snapshot the VM run the upgrades, check, and then remove snapshot. Much easier than cloning and upgrading for testing?