Check_MK View

Hi all,

when I create a view and its related to a contact group, the contact group name will show beside the view title, is there a way to hide to contact group ? I want see only the Title and not the contact group too.

thanks in advance

Regards
Neeloj

(Philipp Näther) #2

Which cmk version are you currently running?
I can’t see the contact group in my views.
Please take a screenshot of the contact group settings of the view.
Does the contact group appear only for the logged in user of that contact group or for administrator with all rights and permissions aswell?

thanks for your answer @TheLucKy
Raw Version: 1.5.0p13
thisone

The user who logged in, is a member of the contact_group_test

Exactly

(Philipp Näther) #4

So what? It only appears for the user?

1 Like

Sorry!

yes and I want hide it.

(Philipp Näther) #6

Oh, it is a filter setting, not a permission (visibility) setting. Filter settings are always shown in the title. If you do not want the contact group in the title as filter setting you could use other ways like host groups or tags that do not expose the contact group. But well, I do not know why it is bothering you anyway :smiley:

1 Like

I said the same!!! but for some of my colleagues dont like it!

BUT I’ll leave IT!! and it works, thank you so much :wink:

(Philipp Näther) #8

Yeah it is designed that way, so you know which filters are applied to the current view. (e.g. if you have multiple sites there is the site name at the top aswell).
But I wonder if you really nee the host contact group filter setting because users should only see hosts they are contact for anyway.

it works like this: I create contact group, and add user to the contact group, and create view which is belong to the contact group… so only users in that contact groups can see the view…