pnp4nagios Graph Configuration Verification failed

• </>

service_perfdata_file=/usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/service-perfdata

service_perfdata_file_template=DATATYPE::SERVICEPERFDATA\tTIMET::$TIMET$\tHOSTNAME::$HOSTNAME$\tSERVICEDESC::$SERVICEDESC$\tSERVICEPERFDATA::$SERVICEPERFDATA$\tSERVICECHECKCOMMAND::$SERVICECHECKCOMMAND$\tHOSTSTATE::$HOSTSTATE$\tHOSTSTATETYPE::$HOSTSTATETYPE$\tSERVICESTATE::$SERVICESTATE$\tSERVICESTATETYPE::$SERVICESTATETYPE$

service_perfdata_file_mode=a

service_perfdata_file_processing_interval=15

service_perfdata_file_processing_command=process-service-perfdata-file

#

# host performance data starting with Nagios 3.0

#

host_perfdata_file=/usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/host-perfdata

host_perfdata_file_template=DATATYPE::HOSTPERFDATA\tTIMET::$TIMET$\tHOSTNAME::$HOSTNAME$\tHOSTPERFDATA::$HOSTPERFDATA$\tHOSTCHECKCOMMAND::$HOSTCHECKCOMMAND$\tHOSTSTATE::$HOSTSTATE$\tHOSTSTATETYPE::$HOSTSTATETYPE$

host_perfdata_file_mode=a

host_perfdata_file_processing_interval=15

host_perfdata_file_processing_command=process-host-perfdata-file

Since the above mentioned is my

/usr/local/pnp4nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

I hope the storage path you mentioned are:

usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/host-perfdata

&

usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/service-perfdata

And I cannot see any files inside those directories

• Could you please remote my PC.

No.

My idea of helping others by providing this platform is to help here, for the fun and pride. If you need professional help with remote hands-on sessions, find a company which can do so.

More on that here: https://monitoring-portal.org/cms/index.php?faq/

• </>

service_perfdata_file=/usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/service-perfdata

service_perfdata_file_template=DATATYPE::SERVICEPERFDATA\tTIMET::$TIMET$\tHOSTNAME::$HOSTNAME$\tSERVICEDESC::$SERVICEDESC$\tSERVICEPERFDATA::$SERVICEPERFDATA$\tSERVICECHECKCOMMAND::$SERVICECHECKCOMMAND$\tHOSTSTATE::$HOSTSTATE$\tHOSTSTATETYPE::$HOSTSTATETYPE$\tSERVICESTATE::$SERVICESTATE$\tSERVICESTATETYPE::$SERVICESTATETYPE$

service_perfdata_file_mode=a

service_perfdata_file_processing_interval=15

service_perfdata_file_processing_command=process-service-perfdata-file

#

# host performance data starting with Nagios 3.0

#

host_perfdata_file=/usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/host-perfdata

host_perfdata_file_template=DATATYPE::HOSTPERFDATA\tTIMET::$TIMET$\tHOSTNAME::$HOSTNAME$\tHOSTPERFDATA::$HOSTPERFDATA$\tHOSTCHECKCOMMAND::$HOSTCHECKCOMMAND$\tHOSTSTATE::$HOSTSTATE$\tHOSTSTATETYPE::$HOSTSTATETYPE$

host_perfdata_file_mode=a

host_perfdata_file_processing_interval=15

host_perfdata_file_processing_command=process-host-perfdata-file

Since the above mentioned is my

/usr/local/pnp4nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

I hope the storage path you mentioned are:

usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/host-perfdata

&

usr/local/pnp4nagios/var/service-perfdata

And I cannot see any files inside those directories

• root@dc1-monitoring:/home/serveradmin# systemctl status npcd.service

● npcd.service - LSB: pnp4nagios NPCD Daemon Version 0.6.25

Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/npcd; bad; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-12-07 15:25:39 +04; 10s ago

Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

Process: 16187 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/npcd start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Dec 07 15:25:39 dc1-monitoring systemd[1]: Starting LSB: pnp4nagios NPCD Daemon Version 0.6.25...

Dec 07 15:25:39 dc1-monitoring npcd[16187]: npcd already started...

Dec 07 15:25:39 dc1-monitoring systemd[1]: npcd.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1

Dec 07 15:25:39 dc1-monitoring systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: pnp4nagios NPCD Daemon Version 0.6.25.

Dec 07 15:25:39 dc1-monitoring systemd[1]: npcd.service: Unit entered failed state.

Dec 07 15:25:39 dc1-monitoring systemd[1]: npcd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

• Just curious: you're trying to verify an Icinga 1 version for integration with PNP

perl verify_pnp_config -m bulk+npcd -c /usr/local/icinga/etc/icinga.cfg -p /usr/local/pnp4nagios/etc/

and expect to see graphs in Icinga2-web?

The official verify script is NOT adapted to Icinga2, there's a trial version but there wasn't any feedback so far so it might not work as expected.

• Ohh.. really.

So far I came to know only two verification commands which are available.

Okay, will edit the verification file with the one available for the '2' and do a verification

Thank you