How to set passive check with director

• Hello,

I've 2 icinga2 servers(latest and both with director), the first icinga2 monitoring all systems in data center while second icinga2 server monitoring the systems only in secondary site (few servers of development). What I Need is that the secondary icinga2 send the results of monitors to the principal icinga2 where I'll config them as passive check. What I need to do in director to set all? Actually they work as 2 servers (as 2 master).

Thanks in advance

Davide

• Hi Davide,

why this way? Sorry.. i don't understand. May be it's better, you set up ONE master environment (don't mind how many icingaservers it contains) and you let this server check your productive / development environment.

• Hello and thanks for repply.

my be that i've some unknow information about new icinga and director.

Howerver, in my second server i need to monitoros esx, ilo and some qnap that use, for the check, the ports 443, and 161. For security reasons from my principal server i cannot open more that 1 port versus secondary site, this is the reason for use passive check. If you have another solution i'll be happy to hear.

Thanks davide

• If I understand you correctly what you would need is a master-satellite setup.

The master monitors your productive environment, the satellite monitors your development env.

Master and satellite the communicate over port tcp/5666 with a secured connection.

A passive service in monitoring will only work if the component you want to monitor can actively monitor itself (like SNMP traps or NSCA with nsclient) (or am I wrong here?). For SNMP traps for example you need a SNMP trap translator configured on your monitoring server to translate the received traps and forward them to the correct icinga service. -> https://www.icinga.com/docs/ic…ck-results-and-snmp-traps