Icinga web2 authentication error

• I am getting the following error in /var/log/messages in icinga master. I have checked resources.ini and authentication.ini and they look fine. I am even able to login into postgres with icingaweb2 credentials. Everything is working fine, but not sure why I am getting that error. I am using Icinga v2.4.3 version.

Code
    1. icingaweb2[32582]: Icinga\Exception\ConfigurationError in /usr/share/php/Icinga/Authentication/AuthChain.php:242 with message: Can't create authentication backend "icingaweb2". An exception was thrown: <- Icinga\Exception\ConfigurationError in /usr/share/php/Icinga/Data/ResourceFactory.php:77 with message: Resources not set up. Please contact your Icinga Web administrator

authentication.ini

Code
    1. [icingaweb2]
    2. backend = "db"
    3. resource = "icingaweb_db"

resources.ini

• I am using Icinga v2.4.3 version.

Why are you using such an old version? This version is over an year old. Currently we are at version 2.7.0 .

Which Icinga Web version are you using?

• We have plans to upgrade it in the future. I checked the logs and i keep getting this error occasionally. It is not old.

Everything seems to work just fine. I am using Icinga web version 2.1.2.

• I searched on the Icinga Web 2 repository for such an behavior and found this old issue: https://github.com/Icinga/icingaweb2/issues/2311. This sounds exactly like this problem.

Your Icinga Web 2 version is from Dec 2015, so I highly recommend to upgrade your Icinga 2 & Icinga Web 2 to the latest available versions . Honestly I don't know if you need to make an upgrade to previous releases in case of database schema updates. (And don't forget backups before updating ;))