Menu customization - possible to keep "top_nav" section with Nagvis integration?

• Hi All -

I have Thruk 2.14~2 and Nagvis 1.8 working together successfully (using theme Thruk2, Nagios 4.0.8). When I click on the Nagvis menu selection, the map is displayed but removes the "top_nav" section of the theme. Then any links followed on the map (such as a hostgroup) also have the top_nav section removed.

Is it possible to keep the top_nav section, and have the Nagvis map underneath? Note that this happens not only with Nagvis, but also for any "arbitrary" hrefs that I create a menu item for.

I've tried every combination of the two approaches below, each with target types: parent, top, self, blank.

# add_link('name' => 'Network Map', 'href' => '/nagvis/frontend/nagvis-js/index.php?mod=Map&act=view&header_menu=0&show=WAN-OVERVIEW');

# add_link('name' => "Network Map", 'href' => '/thruk/frame.html?link=/nagvis/frontend/nagvis-js/index.php?mod=Map&act=view&header_menu=0&show=WAN-OVERVIEW', 'target' => "_parent");

Screenshots attached.

Really enjoying Thruk so far!

Thanks,

Mark

• gotcha. I probably should have known that, but I'm a network guy posing as a systems guy.

thanks for the quick response.

The post was edited 1 time, last by markw ().

• in case it helps anybody, i ended up just making my network diagram look similar to the theme. looks good enough to me.

And the issue with Nagvis links can be solved by changing nagvis.ini.php:

old:

Code
    1. ;htmlcgi="/nagios/cgi-bin"

new:

Code
    1. htmlcgi="/thruk/cgi-bin"