No Dashboard after automatic Installation

• Hey guys,

Im working on a bash script for a full automatic installation of icinga2 with icingaweb2.

I followed the instructions on https://www.icinga.com/docs/ic…tallation-of-icinga-web-2

And it works good.

But after the Login to icingaweb, there is no dashboard available. I hope it would be at least the default dashboard of an manual installation.

How is it possible o get a Dashboard with the default views?

Thank you

• That happens when your current user have no permissions in icingaweb2.

Is this your user you created while the web-setup?

The permissions of your initial admin should look like this:

Greetings

starflighter

• Code
    1. root@debicinga:/home/user# cat /etc/icingaweb2/roles.ini
    2. [Administratoren]
    3. users = "admin"
    4. persmissions = "*"
    5. groups = "Administratoren"

The user was created like this:

Code
    1. sudo mysql --batch --user=root --password=${DBPASSWORD} -e "USE icingaweb2; INSERT INTO icingaweb_user (name, active, password_hash) VALUES ('admin', 1, '${DBPASSWORDHASH}');
    2. sudo /bin/su -c 'echo "[Administratoren]" > /etc/icingaweb2/roles.ini'
    3. sudo /bin/su -c 'echo "users = \"admin\"" >> /etc/icingaweb2/roles.ini'
    4. sudo /bin/su -c 'echo "persmissions = \"*\"" >> /etc/icingaweb2/roles.ini'
    5. sudo /bin/su -c 'echo "groups = \"Administratoren\"" >> /etc/icingaweb2/roles.ini'

So i guess the user admin has all permissions?

• Seems the monitoring module is not enabled.

How can i enable it?

Now it is enabled in the script with:

Code
    1. sudo mkdir -p /etc/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/
    2. sudo mkdir -p /etc/icingaweb2/enabledModules/
    3. sudo ln -s /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/ /etc/icingaweb2/enabledModules/

I also tried to change the user, because the folders are created as root but its not helping:

• Code
    1. icingacli module enable monitoring

creates the symlink /etc/icingaweb2/enabledModules/monitoring -> /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring

But /etc/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/ is not created.

So im creating the folder manually and fill it with my configuration via

Code
    1. sudo /bin/su -c 'echo "[icinga]" > /etc/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/backends.ini'
    2. ...

But the Dashboard still looks the same.

• /etc/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring is populated from either the setup wizard or if modifying it from the web interface afterwards.

You probably want to deploy the configuration files manually. A list is given here: https://www.icinga.com/docs/ic…tallation-of-icinga-web-2

• /etc/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring is populated from either the setup wizard or if modifying it from the web interface afterwards.

You probably want to deploy the configuration files manually. A list is given here: https://www.icinga.com/docs/ic…tallation-of-icinga-web-2

I can't find an option to modify these monitoring config files from the web interface after the installation.

But yes, they have to be configured automaticly.

This is my full script:

• Your script doesn't have any error handling. Piping output to /dev/null might be sufficient, but not checking the exit code of each command might lead into unwanted behaviour.

The setup wizard routine mentioned here is what I am referring to: https://www.icinga.com/docs/ic…paring-icinga-web-2-setup

I wouldn't recommend to write such automated installation scripts either. I'm a friend of modern management tools for this kind of thing, like Puppet or Ansible.

• Yeah while installing icingaweb2 via the web setup everythings works fine. But i cant understand the difference between web setup and manual setup through the command line.

All config files are equal. I have two virtual boxes, one with a working instance and one with the mentioned problem.

I tried to create the dashboard with the example of the working instance and get the error:

Code
    1. No permission for module/monitoring
    2. #0 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/ModuleActionController.php(31): Icinga\Web\Controller\ActionController->assertPermission('module/monitori...')
    3. #1 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/ActionController.php(138): Icinga\Web\Controller\ModuleActionController->prepareInit()
    4. #2 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/Dispatcher.php(59): Icinga\Web\Controller\ActionController->__construct(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response), Array)
    5. #3 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Front.php(937): Icinga\Web\Controller\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response))
    6. #4 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/Web.php(389): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response))
    7. #5 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/webrouter.php(109): Icinga\Application\Web->dispatch()
    8. #6 /usr/share/icingaweb2/public/index.php(4): require_once('/usr/share/php/...')
    9. #7 {main}

It seems like the module is not working propably.

I also tried to remove and install the module again but i get the error:

Code
    1. root@monitoring-klon:/home/user# icingacli module install monitoring
    2. ERROR: Icinga\Exception\IcingaException in /usr/share/php/Icinga/Cli/Command.php:141 with message: Not implemented yet 

I even dumped the sql database of icingaweb2 from the working instance to the non working to see if the problem is related to the databases but its not.

• Your authenticated user does not have permission for the monitoring module, just as the error message says: "No permission for module/monitoring".

Verify the logged in user and check it against the permissions and assigned roles.

• yeah, the script is fine. It was just a type error...

Thanks for your help