How to disable warning for boot partition on disk check

• We currently use Icinga to monitor all of our servers, and recently added a new webserver as a host. We currently have a disk check that checks every partition. This is great, except that /boot is at critical. This isn't a problem as it's at 226MB, and we have 241MB. We want to check the disk, but ignore /boot which is at critical.

I don't have much experience with Icinga, but have spent a few days looking at documentation and still don't know where to start. How can I disable checking just the boot partition?

• this should be the option you are looking for:

Code
    1. "-i" = {
    2. description = "Regular expression to ignore selected path or partition (may be repeated)"
    3. order = 2
    4. repeat_key = true
    5. value = "$disk_ignore_ereg_path$"
    6. }

Linux is dead, long live Linux

Remember to NEVER EVER use git repositories in a productive environment if you CAN NOT control them

• Thanks so much for that Kevin.Honka.

Sorry for what is probably a dumb question, but where should I put that code?

• Thanks for the help guys, but it is still checking my boot partition.

I added this in hosts.conf (on both the monitor server and the endpoint.

/* Define disks and attributes for service apply rules in `services.conf`. */

vars.disks["disk"] = {

/* No parameters. */

disk_partitions_excluded = "/boot"

disk_ignore_ereg_path = "/boot"

}

vars.disks["disk /"] = {

disk_partitions = "/"

disk_partitions_excluded = "/boot"

disk_ignore_ereg_path = "/boot"

}

Then I added this in services.conf on both the monitor and endpoint servers.

apply Service for (disk => config in host.vars.disks) {

import "generic-service"

check_command = "disk"

vars += config

vars.disk_partitions_excluded = "/boot"

vars.disk_ignore_ereg_path = "/boot"

}

What am I doing wrong here?

• In the end it was much simpler to remove old kernels than to remove my disk checks, and then add a new disk check that doesn't check boot. So if anyone is having this issue, try that first.