Error Undefined Offset

• Hi guys,

Situation: created maps in Nagvis, want to add a host to a map -> Error

Nagvis: v1.8

PHP: 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

Loaded Modules:

Core, date, libxml, openssl, pcre, zlib, filter, hash, Reflection, SPL, session, standard, apache2handler, yaml, mysqlnd, PDO, xml, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, mbstring, fileinfo, ftp, gd, gettext, iconv, imagick, intl, json, ldap, exif, mcrypt, mysqli, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, Phar, posix, readline, shmop, SimpleXML, soap, sockets, sqlite3, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, wddx, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, Zend OPcache

Thanks for your help,

Leon

--

Update:

Other maps are shown, only on the map where I tried to add the host appears the error.
    The othere maps don't contain any hosts.

• The map rz_altbau itselft contains one picture (.png) of a room and 8 Map-Icons with labels where you click on to open the specific map of a rack. When i try to open this map it throws the error.

The map rz_neubau doesn't contain anything except an image of a room. The name of the map is "rz_neubau", the set Alias is "Rechenzentrum Neubau"

Feel free to ask if you need further information!

• Post by feststelltast3 ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Okay, i removed nagvis completely from the server.

Do you have a good tutorial to install on Ubuntu 16.04 with icingaweb2auth, or should i still use here michis tutorial?
    My goal is to use icingaweb2auth because i don't want to use the login prompt of nagvis.

Cheers,

Leon

• I don't think that this error originates from the Icinga Web 2 authorization. I'm using this inside the Vagrant boxes and it works like a charm (both 1.8.5 and 19.2 worked when I tested them).

Such NagVis offset errors normally come from external sources (backends, csv files in geomaps) when NagVis attempts to look into an array, but the index fails. Basically it is a programmatic error and a human readable error message is missing. That's all over the code, and hard to fix in a PR.

Boils down, which backend are you using, and why not upgrading to NagVis 1.9.2?

• Hi Michi,

thanks for the explanation.

Was using the mklivestatus but the plan for today is to upgrade nagvis ;)

I will report about my progess in this thread.

• Since you are using Icinga Web 2 and its IDO backend, I suggest to switch to the backend to "ndomy" is described in the module's docs. IIRC the offset 16 comes from the hostbygroups thingy which renders a better error message in 1.9.x.