Failed to load icinga_zone (DbObject.php:606)

• Hi all,

we are trying to use the Icinga "Director" module.

Now, at the point, we're trying to fill in the configuration in the Kickstart wizard we're getting the following error:

Code
    1. Failed to load icinga_zone "<zone name>" (DbObject.php:606)

What we did before:

- activated the module "director"

- created the mysql database

- added this database as new resource and testet it successfully

- defined an icinga api user in the file "/etc/icinga2/conf.d/api-users.conf"

Code
    1. object ApiUser "director" {
    2. password = "password"
    3. permissions = [ "*" ]
    4. }

Icingaweb2: 2.4.1

Director: 1.3.1

Icinga2: 2.7.0-1

Maybe there is someone out there, who can help us with this error message... 8o

Thanks.

• I guess you are using the current git master, not 1.3.1.

https://github.com/Icinga/icin…dule-director/issues/1095

Thanks for your reply. I'm not really skilled with all this "git stuff".

In the icingaweb2 interface (System -> About) the director is declared with 1.3.1

But I think you're right, I've used the following link to download the director... ->

https://github.com/Icinga/icin…rector/archive/master.zip

As I can see in your github "issue", you wasn't able reproduce the error? My error still exists, maybe I can give you some more information to reproduce my issue...

• If you download just a snapshot archive from a specific git commit (which is what "master" means), you won't be able to update unless you download yet another tarball.

I for once just cloned the git repository and did a fresh clone/pull where Tom added the fixes already.

For what it is worth, I highly recommend to used tagged releases only in production. Git master might just break, and then your monitoring is broken. Having a test lab to see what developers currently do or plan, and report back is a good choice, if you're planning to look into git master archives or clones.

• If you download just a snapshot archive from a specific git commit (which is what "master" means), you won't be able to update unless you download yet another tarball.

I for once just cloned the git repository and did a fresh clone/pull where Tom added the fixes already.

For what it is worth, I highly recommend to used tagged releases only in production. Git master might just break, and then your monitoring is broken. Having a test lab to see what developers currently do or plan, and report back is a good choice, if you're planning to look into git master archives or clones.

Ok I think I understood that.

I've got working it with v1.3.1 (latest release). With release 1.3.2(pre release) I've got the following error message:

Failed to load icinga_zone <zone name> (DbObject.php:589).

Thanks for your help.